Tuesday 19 March 2013

DIY: Harry Potter Sharpie Mug

I will be the first to admit that I am jumping on the sharpie mug bandwagon a little late, but I swear I have good reason for it! You see, while Pinterest almost imploded with sharpie mug DIY tutorials over christmas, it was about 40 degrees C here in Australia, so you can imagine how un-excited I was about hot chocolate at the time! Even now, as I type this in Autumn, it is still about 27 degrees. Nowhere near cold enough for hot chocolate!

Nonetheless, sick of the sticky humidity we are experiencing in Australia right now, I am dreaming of cool winter days snuggled up on the lounge with a good book or a movie, mug of delicious, warm, milky libation in hand. Cue Pinterest and this little project!

If you know me at all, or have been reading this blog for a while, you will know that I am a HUGE Harry Potter fanatic! So of course, when I thought of doing a movie-themed sharpie mug, that was the natural choice of subject!

Now, if you have been living under a rock (don't worry, I can frequently be found under rocks) here is how you do this:  write/draw whatever you want on your mug, then bake at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes so that the sharpie design won't wash off.

I decided to incorporate a few things from different Harry Potter books/movies into my mug:

Deathly Hallows symbol

My next tattoo favourite quote ever


And my favourite part of the mug:
The Grim! (and a little lightening bolt on the handle)

This project was super quick, easy and fun to do and I'm stoked with the results. I might have to whack on a Harry Potter movie this afternoon when it cools down, and whip up some hot chocolate to enjoy in my new mug! What would you draw on your mug if you gave this project a go? Or have you done it already?

1 comment:

  1. I savour, lead to I discovered just what I was looking for.
    You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man.

    Have a great day. Bye

    Have a look at my webpage; cellulite treatment cream

    ReplyDelete