Sunday 10 February 2013

You're making my head grow!

Guys, you're making my head grow!

In my little bloggy break, I was nominated for another TWO Liebster Awards, one by the lovely Erica of Being Erica, and one by my awesome sponsor, Britt of The Three Inch Stitch. Both these lovely ladies inspire me on a day to day basis, so I would love for you to click on over to their blogs for a looksie :)



rules:
- the liebster award is given by bloggers to other bloggers with 200 followers or less.
- the nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them.
- you must write 11 random facts about yourself.
- you must answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- you must make up 11 new questions and nominate 11 other bloggers.


I love this picture. Even though Aud's photobombed it :)

facts:
- I have worn glasses since I was 7 and my first pair had Sylvester licking his lips on one corner and Tweetie on the other. 
- I am slightly obsessed with blue and white at the moment, especially the Blue Willow pattern which I have started to collect.
- My favourite author is Emily Bronte and I plan on naming my first daughter after her someday.
- I can't count how many times I have seen the Harry potter movies. I watch at least two of them at least once a week.
- I am a massive History and Literature nerd and am studying those subjects this year at University.
- When I'm reading a good book, I usually end up dreaming that I'm either the character in it that I love, or the author's best friend. It's weird. 
- I am a girl and I HATE shoe shopping. Am I going to be evicted for this or something?
- I absolutely love eating apple puree and stewed apples. The kids at school used to make fun of me for eating "baby food" but it's totally delicious!
- I may have had a bowl of stewed apple for lunch today.
- Sometimes I don't wear a bra. I can get away with it cos I have small boobs and they're pretty perky. 
- I once considered getting my nipple pierced. I seriously don't know what got into me and I'm so glad I somehow woke up from that idea. That would sooo not suit my personality!


Erica's questions:
1. what is your middle name, and would you change your name if you could?

I, truthfully and in all honesty, do not have a middle name. Not very many people believe me when I say this because they think it's just something ghastly that I don't want to admit to, but it's true. Neither does Jake, actually. It always made me feel left out when I was a kid so I'd tell people my middle name was Rose (my absolute, most favouritest name ever at the time).

2. what was your first ever concert, and the last you went to?

My first ever proper concert was Bullet for My Valentine, Bring Me the Horizon and Cancer Bats. I hated Cancer Bats and loved the other two and nearly got killed in an aptly named circle of death, but a huge, tattooed bear with stretchers I could fit my head through saved me and it was an awesome night :)
The last concert I went to was a new, Aussie band called Ball Park Music, and they were supported by Loon Lake, who I absolutely love. It was also a great night but this time, rather than getting punched in the boob, neck and face,  my friends and I did awesome 80's throwback dance moves and awkward group hug, bouncing sing-a-longs.


3. what is your favourite movie, and can you recite a line from  it for us?

Omg, don't even get me started. Omg. 
My FAVOURITE movie is Harry Pooter and the Philosopher's stone and I can quote the whole bloody thing for you if you like? Favourite lines include:





and, of course,



4. tea or coffee, and how do you take it? 

Tea, preferably loose leaf Earl Grey with two sugars and a tiny splash of milk in a vintage tea cup.

5. what was the last book you read, and are you a kindle or original girl?

I am reading a few books at the moment - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, and a Kathy Reichs book - Break No Bones. I refuseto use a kindle. Part of the charm of reading is the smell of book pages, the sound of turning a page and the feel of the book in your hands/on your face as you fall asleep reading it. A kindle just wouldn't feel the same on the face.

6. scrambled or poached, and with what on the side?

Hmm, scrambled with all the trimmings - ham, tomato, eschallots, parsley, salt and pepper in them with toast and bacon on the side.

7. can you play an instrument, and to what level?

Does Three Blind Mice on the recorder count?

8. what one food would you survive on forever, and can you cook it?

PASTA! And hell yes, I can cook it! I make a mean lasagne, spag bol and fettucine alfredo, as well as an awesome "shells with vegemite and cheese", which was my childhood fave.

9. lindsay lohan's best movie is meal girls. true or false?

Try her only good movie? Oh wait, she did Freaky Friday okay too.

10. pink is obviously the best colour, but what's the second best?

Blue! (obsessed right now)

11. next to me, who is your favourite instagrammer, and give me their name.

Umm, probably my bestie, Ellie. i think her name on IG is elliegracee



Britt's questions:
1. How long have you been blogging?

I've been blogging since August, so that's, like, 6 months now!

2. Have you been nominated for a Liebster Award before?

I have, this is my second/third nomination and I just can't believe it! People like my blog?!?!

3. What does your typical day look like?

HA! This is going to make me look sooo lazy and weird because I haven't started study yet and so i'm in this weird limbo thingy where I have nothing to do all day, but usually I wake up around 9, check my e-mails, facebook and twitter over breakfast, then I make a to do list (yep, everyday, even if all that's on it is "lay around in jarmies drinking tea and watching Harry Potter"). Then, I do the things on my list, taking short naps and social networking breaks every 5-10 minutes, depending on how interesting my to do items are (usually grocery shopping, cleaning and organising the new home). Then, I spend the afternoons either watching movies and crocheting or embroidering, or blogging/generally wasting time on the internet. Like right now, where I wrote a whole paragraph about how I do nothing all day. Then I cook dinner and go to bed. The end.

4. Do you have any furry (or scaly, feathered, slimy) friends? 

My gorgeous boy, Coke, who is a Jack Russel cross Mini Foxy and is the cutest, kindest, most caring creature on the planet! I miss him so much! He lives with my mum and dad.



5. What are your favorite crafts to make?

Like, uh, anything!? Haha. I'm not a fussy crafter. I like cutesy stuff with purpose.

6. What was your favorite toy from childhood?

Definitely my Baby Born! And her cot, pram and all her pother accessories! Mum bought her for me when she had my little sister so that i'd stop pestering her to hold the baby all the time, and I carried her around everywhere, playing "mum". She was incredibly special to me and I've kept her for when I have kids. I'm extremely sentimental about things like that.

7. What is your favorite place to be?

Home, in my jarmies doing bugger all, thrift shopping, or at one of my favourite beaches. Depends on my mood.

8. If you could live anywhere (other than where you are right now), where would it be?

Honestly, I am ACTUALLY PLANNING on moving to either England or Germany for a few years when I finish uni. Boyfriend doesn't fancy Germany much, because my ex lives there, but we are both super keen to head to Europe at some stage and I daresay we will one day end up in England :)

9. What would you consider one of your greatest accomplishments?

Honestly, sticking with this blog is a major accomplishment to me. That and surviving the HSC with chronic fatigue syndrome and still getting into the Uni course of my dreams.

10. What is your favorite book?
Wuthering Heights, hands down. Closely followed by the Harry Potter series, the Millenium Trilogy, the Dragons of Pern books, and the Clan of the Cave Bear series. I like series'. 

11. What is one thing you want your readers to know about you through your blogging?

I really want my readers to connect to me, personally. I want to share my life with my readers and I want them to know me for all my ups and downs, my creativity and my eccentricities. I hope I am achieving that in my blogging. 


11 Aspiring Bloggers Who Get a Mega Thumbs Up:

Trudie, at My Vintage Vow
Natalie at Good Girl Style
Charlotte at Midnight Caramel
Chelsea at Sketchy Notions
Sarah and Lauren at Whimsy and Juno
Marium at Decorate Vintage


Annnd that's it because Sarah and Lauren totally count as two and all these bloggers are so awesome that they make up an extra person between them all!

If you were one of the nominated blogs, link me your post so that I can find out more about you!


No comments:

Post a Comment