Friday 22 February 2013

Oops, no Friday's Finds! But here is something else for you instead...

I was really slack this week and didn't make it to a single op-shop! I do have a good reason though, and I'll explain it to you later. For now, check out what I picked up out retail shopping today!



Good score, huh?

I can't even remember the last time I went crazy, shopping like this! It was a much needed bit of retail therapy after a tough week and I picked up some great stuff.

My original reason for going to the shops today was to pick up what stationery I needed for uni on Monday. As you can see, I went a little overboard in Typo, my favourite stationery shop, picking up all sorts of goodies including an adorable stamp set on top of the lecture books I bought.

How freaking awesome is the "let's blog some shit" notebook!!! I grabbed two of these - one for me and one for my upcoming giveaway, with a spare (the typewriter one which says "my homemade blog" for in case the winner doesn't quite approve of the language on the first.

The rest of the stationery is pretty bland and i bought some basic winter clothes, as you can see, but see that trench in the top left over there? That was 25% off at Portmans! Yep 25% off at the start of the season! Can anyone say awesome? That saved me nearly $40!

I've been wanting a trench like that for aaagggeeessss and last year I just swooned over the Portman's coats from a distance because of their rather hefty price tags (or maybe it's just my tight-arse attitude that kept me at bay) but bottom of the line is, everybody needs a good winter coat, Portman's is excellent quality, It was on sale and it's classic and won't date. Purchase totally justified!

I did mean to stop by the oppies on the way home today, but being totally laden down with bags in the pouring rain, I opted to stay on the bus and head on home as quick as I could! I also meant to do an outfit post today, but this morning every photo I took just looked so awkward, and when I got home this afternoon I was soaked through and looked like a drowned rat. The outfit gods just aren't on my side right now, are they?

Have you had a good bargain out retail shopping lately? I'd love to hear about it. The start of a season is always so exciting for clothes shopping, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment