Wednesday 21 November 2012

Update: Storm damage and camping trip

Hey lovely bloggers, so the power is back on now (yay!) and I am happy to say my house is still standing and all is well for my family. We have a bit of paint damage from hail, my favourite tree to read under has no leaves left on it and my second favourite tree to read under fell down, and the most serious damage we have suffered is that our office carpet is ruined and needed to be ripped up, so we have no computer at the moment. Unfortunately, no computer means limited blogging ability and I am struggling without my daily computer fix! (serious techno junky here!) but have no fear, we have already found someone to replace our carpet cheaply and my cousin is giving us his leftover carpet that he is currently laying to save us the huge amount of money that is the balance of this years insurance payments and excess.

In other news, although the weather still looks sketchy as, Jake and I are heading for Jerusalem Creek this afternoon for a camping trip! We originally were going to go further and stay in a hotel but I said I wanted to go camping instead (I've only been once in my life and it's such a novelty for me) and since the sky is grey and gloomy, we decided against going to far in case we need to make a quick exit at some point! Jerusalem creek is about half an hour from my place and it is supposed to be absolutely beautiful! It's in the middle of a national park and the camping grounds are quite simple without many facilities but it's a great place to go and everyone around here loves it!

I'm hoping that you won't hear from me until Sunday night - that is when we plan to return if the weather holds out long enough for us, so I hope you all have a great rest of the week and I can't wait to get back into the full swing of blogging after my camping trip!

2 comments:

  1. have a lovely time Sunae.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shez :) I'm sure we will if the weather is kind to us xxx

      Delete