Sunday 16 September 2012

Race Day Recap

Hi Everyone!

So, Friday was the Ballina Cup - our local horse racing day, and as promised here are some photos of the outfit I wore, including the fascinator I made especially for the occassion:


Please excuse the awkward lack of back-drop for these photos but I got my lovely boyfriend, Jake, to take them while I was at his house and this is the best we could do right then (he is definitely not that keen on taking 376925345 shots of me until I am content I have a nice one, nor is he keen to scout a "nice backdrop" when we are about to leave for dinner and he's hungry!)


and some of my hair, which my lovely sister, Shoni, did for me in the car out the front of the shopping centre where she was about to see a movie:




It was super windy on Friday, and I knew I'd be spending all day holding down my dress, so I opted for an up-do to keep my hair out of my eyes. 

All in all it was a good day which could have been made even better if a) I was able to drink an alcoholic beverage or six, b) it wasn't so windy and c) I could find a bloody booky and place a bet! Oh well, I think the fascinator looked lovely and went with my outfit quite well and next time I know to make sure there are no family affairs I have to drive to afterwards and to wear a tight-fitting dress and bring a cardi! 


No comments:

Post a Comment